View Single Post

Khevar
10.04.2012 , 05:22 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post

However, I think those who minimize/excuse republic corruption and bad deeds, or do the same with the fact that there are good people in the empire as well as those who are DS but still honorable (ie. Scourge), do the game and its writing a disservice. Sometimes, who the good guys are can get a little murky and that's awesome.
I can see your point. I'm not actually trying to justify the obvious corruption in the Republic.

I've just seen the argument that "the Republic is just as bad as the Empire, they just hide it better," and it comes across as silly to me.

If I were living in the Old Republic universe, the Sith Empire would be a frightening place to be, dominated by fear and distrust. You could be murdered by a Sith Lord on the steps of the Dromund Kaas plaza just because you looked sideways at him as he walked by, and everyone else would just look down and pretend it didn't happen.

If you were on Coruscant, at the steps of the Senate Tower, would you expect any Jedi Master to ever behave that way?