View Single Post

DarkhorseForLife
10.04.2012 , 04:53 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by FluffBcca View Post
Competition? This would only work in a game where all parties involved took the EXACT same group makeup with the EXACT same skill trees in order to see who the best players are. How about we just say good job and continue on?
I was curious what Fluff meant here too and I think you guys misunderstood what he was saying (I didn't get it either at first). I asked him and he's basically just saying that people get too worked up about some of the competition and the who did what first, when ultimately the rankings (8 vs. 16,etc. etc.) are fairly arbitrary. Just make it known that Fluff's views don't necessarily reflect the views of the whole guild .

As for competition post whatever change is about to happen, I'm down for it, although I wouldn't want to give up our "world 3rd" or whatever you want to call it, as we worked hard to get that kill. If I recall in WoW (the only other game I've raided competitively in), kills always counted whether they were pre-post nerf or pre-post buff as soon as it went live.

To be honest I don't put a lot of stock in the overall rankings here anyway. I mean no disrespect to anyone posting here or the thread originator and moderator, it's just the way I feel. Even though we killed bosses 3, 4, and 5 in the top 3 or top 4 kills, chances are good we'll be passed in the overall rankings because we logged on later on first day for bosses 1 and 2 (which honestly should be pretty irrelevant in their weight).

Anyway, we like friendly competition so sure, we'll be happy to try again whatever changes come in. To be honest I don't even really fully understand what the "bug" is.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!