View Single Post

TommyDe
10.04.2012 , 01:32 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
What you've got is how every MMO on the market that has Qs for PVE and PVP do it. I know it seems to make your arguement more valid (even tho it really doesn't) to make it seem like they were simply to lazy to come up with the Q but not really in the Q idea of stacking. Under this solution you'd still take forever to get a FP Q to pop cause PVP pops are dime a dozen and you'd have a cloud of perpetually stuck people in the limbo in-between the two. Dan is #19 and gets out of his PVP Q and gets another 30 seconds later, so he has a whole 30 seconds for the PVE Q to pop before he's back in limbo again.

How is this in anyway a workable solution? How much of the games resources are going to be tied up keeping track of the massive cloud of people in the Q but not really because the are in a PVP match at the same time? Yes eventually they would get lucky and get a pop inbetween the two but in the meantime the only reliable way to get in a PVE grp is too...not Q up for another WZ...just like they are asking you to do now.
Well I can only speak for myself, but under the old system when a FP popped for me and was declined by someone else, I completely stopped queuing for WZ's knowing I was at the top of the list. For the times when I had to decline because I was in a WZ I would again stop queuing for anything but FP's afterward because I could see they were popping. For me the solution would work.

I can't imagine it would take more resources then keeping track of all the people that queue now anyways. It's the same population size, and the way they have it now is flagging people that are in WZ's so they can't be queued for FP. I can't imagine its that much more to keep everyone in it (like it was before) but just adding a bypass.

I'd be fine with this new way, as long as I could see where I was in the queue. Not knowing if I could spend entire gaming sessions waiting for a FP is enough for me (and I'm sure a good amount of people) to stay out of it completely, which sucks. I like the FP's, but they are not worth spending hours waiting to pop.

I'm just having a hard time seeing the value added with this feature to stop a small fraction of people leaving WZ's