Thread: Nerf Denova?
View Single Post

Soluss
10.04.2012 , 11:18 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The thing that the casuals don't understand is that they're actually being hurt by the SM EC nerfs.

A) Let's say that the real content for raiders will be the new and improved nightmare modes and that the purpose of hard modes is to gear up for Nightmare.

B) Now if raiders use HM to gear for Nightmare, then logically casuals use story to gear up and practice for HM.
The issue is that if the mechanics are nerfed on SM, it means that casuals will actually have a bigger gap to cross. They will have to go from an SM EC that was harder than HM KP but not by much, to an SM EC that's easier than HM KP.

Despite there now being a new Story Mode, I suspect that casuals will actually have a HARDER time doing HM EC. Why? Because BW just took their practice grounds and turned it into a crater. Let's get someone from BW to watch how many casuals who cleared pre-nerf SM EC in September manage to clear at least part of HM EC in October, compared to the people who never did it pre-nerf. I'm betting that the casuals who did it pre-nerf will have a much higher rate of success.
Yeah, I totally understand the learning curve. Im just saying that... before the game was launched there was 1000 page thread after thread about how raiding is easy and casuals should have a solo way to get the same gear. Apparently soloing is more difficult then raiding. I was just pointing out... they are now asking for nerfs because its too hard for them. If raiding was so easy then they wouldnt be asking for nerfs.

IOW they just killed their own arguement. Just like I said they would pre-launch
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."