View Single Post

Krazy_Karl
10.03.2012 , 01:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
For an all itemlevel 61 geared character, you should have 570 points to divvy up among Accuracy, Alacrity, and Surge. Accuracy is obviously useless for a Sage. If you put 570 into surge, your surge value will be 80.11%. The first couple of blocks of 57 you move from Surge to Alacrity will give you almost 2% cast time reduction at the cost of only about 0.5% surge value. It does get steeper pretty quickly though, to where you're trading ~1.5% surge value for 1.5% cast time reduction when Surge = Alacrity and even worse when your alacrity is above your surge. At 570 Alacrity + 0 Surge, your cast time is reduced by 15.14% and your surge value is 51%.
Yeah, I noticed this when switching my implants/earpiece to the ones I have which carry the Alacrity instead of Surge. Since starting TFB HM there hasn't been an instance where an extra 2% quicker cast would have been "make it or break it" on a clear.

Not that the extra .5% Surge has either. But just in terms of getting the most "bank for my buck" when I am casting, I can see a tangible benefit from the Surge versus the Alacrity when watching my Healing Trance critical 3-4 times over its cast time.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda