View Single Post

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 10:44 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
(bolded for emphasis)
This actually doesn't say anything about stacking queues not being intended. What it indicates is that one of the undesired results from stacking queues the way they had the system set up was that people were leaving wzs when a lfg popped.

Stacking queues is not a problem. What is a problem is when the lfg pops in the middle of a wz and people leave. So supress the lfg pop for that person. Pause them in queue (they stay #34 or whatever) while they're in the wz. As it stands, the lower level fps take forever and a day to find a group for. Now that people can't kill time doing wzs while in lfg, you'll likely (not for sure, but likely) see those queues stretch out even farther. I think there are more sensible ways to fix the issue of people leaving wzs.

Actually, it's not pointless. If they see that the community is not pleased with the fix they chose and has some ideas they may not have come up with, then perhaps they will change the way the fix is implemented. Unlike some people, I don't assume they're omnipotent gods or completely deaf.
STACKING of queues, WAS THE CAUSE.... and you know it. Leaving because a queue popped was an allowed behavior due to the cause. So stop pretending otherwise. In a mature player base where people would respect the group they were in and not jump to a queue pop.... there would be no problem. But it's clearly not a mature player base, it's largely selfish and self-interested... so they stack and jump.

If you want to make JUMP the issue, that is fine... but they can't jump if they can't STACK. So STACKING is the root cause that is actionable by the game developers.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.