View Single Post

Sweeet
10.03.2012 , 06:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
I agree with your intention but not your suggested solution based on gear. Like I tried to say, people can enter WZs in level 9 green gear and put on their augmented WH gear once inside and ruin the experience for the fresh 50s. It would work against it's intention.

Valor is the only constant that can be used for creating more equal teams. Valor level requires a certain amount of WZs played and commendations earned, there is no way to cheat with this stat. If you are Valor 70+, you should have pretty decent gear and PVP experience.

Pairing on skill is impossible, skill cannot be measured by gear rating nor Valor rank. Ranked WZs should be the competitive playing field between the top players. When it comes to dedicated and competitive PvP players, the grind will not matter for those that strive to be on the top.

Edit: I would like to see WH gear become slightly easier and streamlined to aquire, I'm not arguing that point
And I understand your intention unfortunately there is a serious flaw in doing it like this. Currently you can buy any PvP gear on your main, and with the introduction of Legacy gear it would be very easy to cheat the system. All you would have to do is buy a load of decent PvP gear for an alt, strip the mods and put them into Legacy gear, then send that gear to an alt with little to no Valour.

One fully BM/WH geared alt with little to no Valour tearing through people. So unless they do a major rework on who can buy what and what you can send to alts with Legacy gear, I can't see them ever doing this.