View Single Post

Sweeet
10.03.2012 , 06:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirothen View Post
Here is my issue with the geared players playing ranked. It is limited to a group of 8. I would put all my credits on the line to say that most full WH PvPers grinded their gear doing regulars either alone or with a select few friends. it is tough to find a full group of 8 outside of primtime (or sometimes during primetime) to queue up. Secondly, since there are limited groups that can scrape together 8 well geared players to be competitive, the queues are crazy long. Who wants to sit and wait when we can slowly have fun grinding out regular coms. I think the root of the problem is the fact that it is limited to a full premade 8 man team. My suggestion would be to not open it up to free solo queing (that would be a mess) but to allow 2 groups of 4 to be paired together. That would keep the integrity of the competition by forcing a 4 man team to queue and it would keep out the random solo recruit gear queuers. And just for reference I am a full WH sentinel with both Elite WH weapons at 76 valor.
It's not only that, I've recently found a good guild who regularly has over 8 people online all wanting to run Warzones, but running Ranked just isn't feasible as losing offers such a pitiful amount of Ranked commendations. You actually get more Ranked commendations from losing a normal Warzone, that doesn't even make a single bit of sense.

I agree that would be a good idea, but they absolutely need to raise the amount of Ranked commendations gained from partaking in Ranked Warzones or nobody will want to do them. Playing Ranked needs to be a feasible way of obtained WH gear, and more importantly in a reasonable amount of time. I can't see this game breaking 200k subs ever again unless they do so.