Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
- Set shadows to low or off.
- Turn nameplate scaling off.
- Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
- Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
- Perform a Clean boot.
- Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.
Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.
Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
Do exactly what Cerimon says!! I had the same problem! Before 1.4.0b I had graphicsa set to high, and once the new patch came out I could only run the game on low settings. Naturally I was pissed about this so I tried this fix and now I can run everything on very high setings with a NVidia GTX 550 i. So dont go play WOW
... SWTOR is better.
Thanks for the fix! I can enjoy my new shadows now