View Single Post

Goretzu
10.02.2012 , 08:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BuddyRufus View Post
I agree and disagree. Bioware/EA played their part in trying to market and design it to be a WoW killer, true. However, everybody is responsible for their own belifefs and expectations. The hype for this game was astronomical - way out of proportion. The fans share responsibility in this.
Yeah, but when a company generates massive hype (and their videos are excellent at that) whilst fans have a role in swallowing it, it's not really their "fault" per se.

Quote:
I miss SWG too . But it's gone. Time to move forward. I doubt we'll see anything like it again and they aren't going to bring those elements here.
That's the problem though - SWG had good points that would IMPROVE SWTOR, there seems to be an idea that nothing from SWG can be copied in SWTOR, when the reality is a LOT can be copied (that's not the same thing as making SWTOR a SWG 2, not the same thing at all - anymore than WoW nicking WARs open groups and quest markers made it WAR 2).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1