View Single Post

Projawa
09.28.2012 , 04:32 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Nostramas View Post
You are having a very difficult time keeping people involved in the game, and your promises keep falling short.

You said TfB would not drop any new gear, but would help bridge the gap to get people into BH gear faster. That is a lie.

SM EC Did not need to be nerfed.

Give people a reason to DO SM EC and TfB, and you buy yourselves a bit more time before the ************ hits a cataclysm. Who cares that we can get BH coms in SM, especially considering The ridiculous new pricing introduced.

I didn't mind doing SM operations, as it gave me something to do with my guildmates, but now there is hardly any reason whatsoever to do them.

With EV/KP it was not a big deal, because you had Nightmare mode, now you can't even introduce this in a timely fashion.

I love this game, but you keep making really poor decisions, and pushing people that really don't want to quit to want to quit.
Exactly. I don't understand why Bioware is trying to make things harder and create divisions among players. Sure, BH comms were being doled out like candy. There's nothing wrong with that because it's fun, it gives people a reason to run easier content with newbies or inexperienced players or alts or just to hang out with people they know, and don't know. And when casual guilds want to get into harder content, the BH comms provides a good way to get them up to speed. It also encourages more people to run SM TFB, it's easier to fill spots due to raider attrition, increases player mingling, increases player interest in trying hardmodes. There are just so many tangible and intangible reasons why nerfing the rate of BH comm acquisition is counterproductive.

My main is already geared for hardmodes but I was still looking forward to running SM EC/TFB for the comms. Getting gear is not just for my main but for my alts and pets, and guess what, it's FUN. But for the first time I've felt compelled to NOT log on because even though there's more content now, there's less to do outside of progression raids, ironically enough. Grinding BH comms through the weekly/dailies is NOT conducive to retaining players. I'm also curious why BH comms were removed from KP Nightmare- this action contradicts their official explanation. It's clear BH comms no longer drop in all these places in order to prolong the gear grind which is actually antithetical to player retention- another bit of irony. I'm dumbfounded by BIoware's thin reasoning.