View Single Post

Lostpenguins
09.28.2012 , 02:30 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Runnamuker View Post
I understand what you're saying, but understand that HM EV/KP are much easier than EC or TFB in that regard, and to not be able to even inch your way slightly closer to better gear after doing the harder runs seems a bit silly.

I'm not advocating for free give-aways for the top notch gear, but groups and guilds will run EV and KP and not bother with EC since the reward is better for the easier route, and TFB SM groups will become available only as pugs once guilds get the fight strats down. If you want players (geared or not) to try these runs then you have to add the little carrot of reward at the end for them to strive for.
1 - Have you tried SM EC since 1.4. For the third time in this thread, I've stated they nerfed SM EC into the ground. I'm assuming you're comparing HM EV/KP to SM EC/TFB, right?
2 - There is a little carrot - It's completing the weekly which gives BH comms.

If you're complaining that SM TFB is too hard for the gear BW expects you to be able to complete it in, then that's a tuning issue, much like people complained that the FP LI was too hard for the gear it dropped. If that's the case, complain that SM TFB is too hard and should be tuned down. There's nothing wrong with that. But wanting access to BH gear from Story mode EC/TFB is jumping the gear progression from Columi straight to BH. That isn't how it should go.

Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I don't mind having Story Mode not give out the best loot. Loot isn't why I play. Further, the game gives non-progression minded folks a means to get decent gear anyway (Hence why I often outgear tanks). But I would like to see story mode move to a place where if I get a newbie tank who needs to learn or a healer who hasn't learned to manage power, I don't waste a night.
I somewhat understand and sympathize, but they same thing can be said of the queue finder for HM FP's Trust me, I've played MMO's off and on for 8 years. You're going to find people who aren't up to par with the gear they're wearing, whether it's someone who's bad in fresh greens, to someone who is still bad, but got carried and is wearing pretty high-end gear.

Someone who's going to do any sort of role in a group whether it's dungeons, raids, flashpoints, or operations, should have some experience with their class and mechanics. That's what getting to level 50 was for.

What you're asking for isn't new and will never be fully prevented in any sort of setting.