View Single Post

Aurbere
09.25.2012 , 08:58 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Ah-hah-hah, ahhh-No. Anakin had the potential to be 2x stronger than Sidious. That's it. Becoming a Cyborg dropped him to 80% of Darth Sidious, which is an utterly meaningless statement. If they are trying to use Sid as a benchmark for Sith then that would mean others were as powerful if not moreso than him. This is, of course, not true because there is no powerscaling for Star Wars. Thus the "80% Sid" bit is completely meaningless and always has been. And it doesn't make him automatically better than everyone else as we've seen him lose to Starkiller several times and have problems fighting a clone of Darth Maul and Celeste Morne, who had been in hibernation for almost four millennium.

As already said by GarfieldJL, that was Game Mechanics. Starkiller doesn't use the towers in the Novel. I know, I read the damn thing in less than week. When SK escaped Kamino, he had shocked Vader and blew out a wall to reach a landing pad. SK returned there a week later and faced Vader again, who'd improved the insulation in his suit, and still SK stunned him with Force Lightning that penetrated the insulation. This was before Juno had taken SK's fallen lightsaber and created a rent in Vader's armor that SK then shot his lightning into to cripple Vader.

No. Had Starkiller continued to rip into him with Force Lightning, Vader would've died. But since Vader is protected by Plot Continuity, he clearly couldn't be allowed to die. Otherwise, Starkiller would've murdered him, or Kota would've.

Not especially, no. Anyone who knows how to use their speed effectively can take down those stronger than themselves. A shot to the throat, the joints and other vulnerable points on the body could put Vader on the ground regardless of the strength granted by his prosthetics.

Starkiller blew out a durasteel wall with just TK. I don't see the difference. The Consular in SWTOR exploded a blast door with several telekinetic blasts. And in KoToR Revan had already been said to unleash storms of lightning that took out scores of "The One's" Rakatan Warriors. Despite Durasteel's claim of resilience and strength, in SW it has been shown to be far too easy to cut through and break.

All I can get from this is "hate revan hate revan hate revan hate revan".

Revan has the highest chance of winning here. Exar Kun lost his war inside a few years. Revan won the Mando Wars, left, came back and started the Jedi Civil war and was winning, survived betrayal by Malak, regained his Force Powers a year later, and then beat every who's ever faced him as well as defeating Malak in the Star Forge while Malak was being amplified by the Star Forge and the dozen Jedi he'd captured and used to rejuvinate himself with. The only one who had ever actually defeated Revan was the Sith Emperor, Darth Vitiate, who may very well be one of the most powerful Dark Side users in the SWU.

That's not technically true. You could still cut his head off as that and his wrists were the only unprotected parts of his body. However that is assuming that this is Bane with the Orbalisk armor in play, and not Bane at his peak which is after losing it, when he acquired more Sith Knowledge and Force techniques. He may have lost his armor, but he learned to fight more efficiently because he'd become more vulnerable to attack. That forced him to pefect his defenses against the Force, melee combat and blasters.
How can it be utterly meaningless when Sidious is the most powerful Sith ever? That's G-Canon. No one other than Luke Skywalker can defeat him. He is the epitome of the Dark Side, the culmination of Bane's Rule of Two. Vader being 80% of his power tells us that he is most likely the second- third- or fourth most powerful Sith. Vader has proven to be incredibly powerful in multiple situations. Defeating the PT Order's Battlemaster Cin Drallig shows that he is one of the most skilled duelists of all time.

As I said, I didn't care to read the novel because I didn't really care for the game. And I can't find the novel anywhere.

Plot continuity... not really. Well I shouldn't say that. because TFU series is between 3 and 4 obviously plot continuity is a factor. But Vader was never really committed to the battle in either game. And as Luke said post-ROTJ, had Vader tried to kill Luke he would have. Vader could have destroyed Starkiller at any time.

True, but Vader has never allowed that. He moves in and brings everything to bear on his opponents early.

Durasteel has only really been cut-through by lightsabers. That is to my knowledge of course.

I have never said that I hate Revan. I actually like his character, but I am sticking to what is and is not canon. And cnonically, Vader destroys Revan. The only one in this match-up that can stand toe-to-toe with him is Kun. Revan won the Mandalorian wars by using Mandalorian tactics and using the Jedi numbers in combination with Republic troops to overwhelm them. You know what? I'm not getting into this argument. I've made Revan's actions clear in past threads and do not intend to do so a second time.

One last thing. All of Vitiates power comes from Rituals. Sidious destroys him in the power department. The first Sith hail Sidious has the greatest and call Vitiate an abomination.
Added Chapter 59 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus