View Single Post

Kitru
09.24.2012 , 08:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaoticDynamite View Post
How is it that in order for me to do an op like EC I must have the gear it drops and must know the fights.
"Knowing the fights" is a bit different than "has experienced the content enough that you can do it in your sleep". There are *plenty* of guides, strats, and videos on the internet that can teach you the fights without forcing 7 other people to make up for you not having a clue what's going on. The content has been out long enough that most people simply have no patience or willingness to explain fights to random people any more. It's the same reason why most people just run through HM FPs without explaining them to new people.

Also, concerning gear, SM EC drops Rakata gear and requires Columi gear. You can get both of those from running KP and EV (HM and SM), so it's not like you can't "be geared" at or above the intended level of gear for running that content without running that content in the first place. Even if you don't get the Black Hole gear to prepare yourself for SM EC, you'll still get all you need just running HM FP and SM KP/EV. I don't think I've ever seen a pug group deny someone that was in reasonably appropriate gear (Columi for SM EC or HM KP/EV). Generally, the "geared" requirement is intended to weed out fresh 50s that want to run EC while in Recruit gear or leveling blues.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.