View Single Post

Mithros
09.24.2012 , 10:09 AM | #7
Amazing what they suddenly find to be more important (character preview screen) when they are thinking that it might make the difference between people spending money on microtransactions or not.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As an aside, I am not a fan of 'converting' companions.
If a player can turn every companion to their way of thinking, then they aren't really their own individual characters anymore.
Further, the amount of work required to do such a thing approaches that of making an entirely new set of companions for every class (not to mention the changes that would have to happen in our codices).

I have (and had) my own ideas about how I would have done companions to make them more interchangeable (so if you didn't like a companion you could replace them), but given the state of things, I do not expect to see any new class specific companions introduced.

I think that all future companions will be either for everyone (ala HK-51), faction specific (Republic classes could get this guy while Imperials get that guy, but they would probably fill the same role(s)), or a choice between two (a world event, for example, where you make a choice similar to that made at the end of the Chevin event... If you choose this you get companion 'A', if you choose that you get companion 'B').
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.