View Single Post

joenewbie
09.21.2012 , 05:02 PM | #762
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
Yes because that is anything on the same order of magnitude as simply enabling an already existing toggle as a user option.

This is ridiculous... the client can already show or hide a hood based on many factors including race of the character and headpiece worn. It can NOT be hard to add a checkbox to the options screen, and put that in the array with the other factors that ALREADY exist in the code.
You're talking about fashion though, not a matter of game mechanics that effects balance or connectivity to the game etc... you're talking vanity. That's my only point. I'm quite sure there are enough other game breaking fixes on their to do list that take priority over hoods on vs off, and in my view, content, more content is always better than something as surface level as hood on/off.

I do however see the problem from a different view, no matter what it was, if it was something that the devs promised would have happened by now, they should follow through with it, it's not a matter of the hoods anymore but rather of customer service. At least explain WHY they haven't implemented the change they promised, if there were good reason they can't do it, I'd accept that, but to allow a thread like this go on and on without response in my mind is leaving the players reason to be upset.... "the issue proved to be more complicated than initially thought... we had other higher priority fixes to deal with... loss of manpower has caused us to reprioritize." something right?

Like I said, I really don't have a dog in this fight, hood on / off, minor, not game breaking, not a big deal, but if it was promised it should be delivered on, or at least have a reasonable response to the wave of protest over this.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.