View Single Post

TheronFett
09.20.2012 , 04:30 AM | #6
1) Arsenal is not very good for PvP. I'm not saying it can't be done, because there are those who do it with success. I certainly wouldn't use Arsenal in PvP if you solo queue a lot, because you just won't have the necessary support team to pull it off. Pyro is just fine, and you can put up top DPS numbers.

2) The balance for this class versus melee is your range. Yes, this game is very melee heavy. You should be engaging melee targets in PvP who are busy fighting other melee. Your biggest asset is AoE + range, and this is easy to pull of in any match as long as you let those front line classes do their job. Stay close to LOS objects, and don't be out in the open where you can be an easy target.

3) Disengage! I heal myself often, even as Pyro spec. Yes, there's some DPS loss, but I've always managed to finish every match with the least amount of deaths on the team...and still be in the top 3 for damage/kills. Often #1.

The biggest problem Mercs have are the melee drifters. The players who wander around, not really paying attention to objectives or what is going on. They're just looking for their next zerg victim. The players who relentlessly hunt you down and stay on you like white on rice. These are the ones you need to save your stun and knockback for.

Yes, it would be nice if Mercs had a leap immunity ability or an escape tool. Maybe that will come one of these days. Until then, you have to play smart. Don't put yourself in those 1vs1 situations.