View Single Post

Vesaniae
09.17.2012 , 11:11 AM | #16
5. In Which Nox and Ravage Discuss Srs Bsns
Kaas City, Dromund Kaas
15 ATC

“You’re being completely unreasonable,” Ravage said flatly.

“I think it’s a perfectly logical request,” Nox retorted. “It’s not as if it would be that difficult for you.”

“It’s the principle of the thing, though.”

“Nonsense. It’s what you deserve for having such low standards.”

“It’s not my fault it didn’t work.”

Nox rolled her eyes. “Please. Admit it, you’re not even trying anymore.”

“Believe me,” Ravage said through gritted teeth, “I am doing the best that I can.”

“Then you’ll just have to step up your game,” Nox said sweetly. “Because I’m getting bored.”

“That can be arranged,” Ravage said ominously.

Nox clapped her hands excitedly. “Wonderful! I can’t wait. Now, about settling up…”

Ravage glared at her. “You’re being petty.”

“I’m a Sith. Aren’t we all?”

“This is different,” Ravage insisted.

“I really don’t see how that is. It’s a completely reasonable arrangement.”

“For you, maybe. But not for me.”

Nox sighed. “Your last assassin destroyed my sofa and I want you to pay for a new one. What’s so horrible about that?”

“Such a concession is beneath me,” Ravage said with dignity.

“And I’d like my sofa to be beneath me, but it’s broken.” Nox pouted at him. “And it’s all your fault.”

“If the assassin was so utterly incompetent that he succeeded only in dispatching inanimate objects rather than his quarry, I hardly see how I am to blame.”

“You sent him!” Nox said indignantly. “For all I know, you expressly ordered him to ruin my furniture.” The pout returned with greater force. “I liked that sofa.”

“I assure you, when I dispatched that assassin, the only thing on my mind was your demise,” Ravage said.

Nox put her hands on her hips. “Well, you’ll have to settle for my sofa’s demise—and by settle, I mean buy me a new one.”

Ravage looked skeptical. “And why in the galaxy would I do that?”

Nox smiled evilly. “Next time you send Lord Enadya over here, I might not let her leave in one piece. Or at all.”

Ravage shrugged. “Do as you like; I have apprentices to spare.”

“I know she’s your favorite, Ravage,” Nox purred. “I know you use her skills for all kinds of things...”

“I fail to see how that is relevant,” Ravage said flatly.

“Now, now,” Nox said sternly. “You know you’d miss Enadya if she was gone. It would be a pity if something happened to her—say, if she ran afoul of a hungry Dashade. She wouldn’t be so pretty when he was done with her. Not that there would be much left to look at.” She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “Now, wherever might she run across one of those?”

“Fine,” Ravage snapped. “I’ll buy your damn sofa. Just keep your monster away from my apprentices.”

Nox laughed. “I knew you were a reasonable man, Ravage. I’ll send you the bill as soon as I get to Ai’kya.”
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.