View Single Post

SomeJagoff
09.17.2012 , 10:41 AM | #1
So I'm not sure if this is a glitch or if this is some kind of "trick" for REing. I'm full BH now, but I've been buying specific BH/26 mods off the GTN to optimize my gear. As is already known, when you try to RE other people's crafted mods, it says no research available, however, as I pulled out a mod that I know I bought off the gtn a few months ago to replace with a better one, I noticed that it said 20% chance to research a schem available. Out of curiosity, I threw the new mod that I just bought off the GTN into my armor, then pulled it out, same thing, research available. I didn't need the original mod that I pulled out, so I RE'd it for mats, didn't get a schem, but it did say research available. I also noticed that once you pull out somebody else's crafted mod from a piece of armor, the crafter's name is gone, in addition to the 20% research chance appearing. Since I only have done this once and won't be doing it again until I get better mods, I was wondering if anybody else has tried this with any success for a schematic? Just buying a mod off the gtn, throwing it into armor, pulling it out, then REing it for a schematic. I'm not sure if this is a glitch, as in there's NO research available, but the system is glitched and thinks that there is or if by putting the mod into the armor, it changes from a crafted mod to a generic mod and thus becomes researchable. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?