View Single Post

Maaruin
09.11.2012 , 08:39 AM | #27
If anyone of these two is the bad guys, it's the Empire. Else, there are no bad guys.

You can philosophically argue that good and evil don't exist, then no one would be the bad guys.

You can argue that both sides have done some evil things and say they are equally bad.

Or you can look at what's good and what's bad in the Republic and in the Empire and come to the conclusion that overall, the Republic are the good guys with flaws and the Empire the bad guys with some positive aspects.

But you can't seriously argue for the Empire as the good guys, imho. (At least not in a way that I would believe you that it is your own opinion. You might be able to play a good Devil's Advocate.)

But in your story, your opponent will always be evil. That's something I really don't like. You can play good vs. evil and evil vs. evil, but you can't play evil vs. good (from the evil perspective).
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall