View Single Post

theUndead
09.10.2012 , 07:40 PM | #28
I have often questioned the choices we are given in the game in particular with playing a imperial character. See for me all of my toons both Republic and Imperial are either dark side for Imperial or light side for Republic with one exception. My dark side trooper.

But something very interesting happened to me last night when I was doing a quest on Hoth. See I was sent to rescue someone who was being tortured for information in if I recall correctly a factory, the person in question was responsible for bomb making and because he spoke it allowed the Empire to target the Republic main base and if it was successful it would kill everyone. Now here is the interesting bit, see after the cut scene I was presented with a choice. Either kill him for speaking or let him go. Now my trooper is incredibly evil likes killing things, yet in this case killing this person for the life of me just did not seem right to do, I mean I tried to justify it in my head, but murdering him just did not feel right this time yet previous times I would have given it a second thought. So yeah morality comes into question in a variety of ways regardless of you trying to be completely evil or completely good.
Sorry for the long post.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.