View Single Post

Vesaniae
09.06.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
"Afterimages", your title is stupid. IT MAKES NO SENSE!

*goes and flips through OED*

"After-image (n): An impression of a vivid image retained by the eye after the stimulus has ceased."

What the hell does that have to do with the story? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I guess it kind of makes sense from an exterior perspective--after the stimulus of the Warrior story ceased, I retained a vivid image in my mind which inspired me to write this thing. But the title still has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the story itself.

NOTHING.

WHAT.

SO.

EVER.

Let's see, what else is irking me? Oh, I know. SYMBOLISM! I want there to be symbolism in this story, and there IS, kind of. It's just very, very, very, subtle, which is to say OCCASIONALLY NONEXISTENT. Same goes for the foreshadowing. It's THERE, I swear. But how do I know if you wonderful people who read this thing pick up on it? I don't! I guess we'll see what happens when I get to that climactic chapter that all of the symbolism has been building towards. What little symbolism I managed to cram in, that is.

I cannot wait to post that chapter. I would write it in advance, but I can't, because I need a context for it that I haven't been able to come up with yet! GAH!
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!