View Single Post

iamglass
09.05.2012 , 02:21 PM | #457
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
again i say obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
You decide to walk backwards to reposition.. you walk backwards very slowly the 2 marauders standing behind you move to keep up their main hits that have to be done from behind. In PVE mobs react instantly to repositioning and you miss most of them as you are walking very slowly.

You decide to run forward and turn around... Run forward... spin.. fire move... spin... hit force speed... run away.
In a no lag world this would work great if the people you are fighting were retarded, or had no arms and used a pointy stick to mash their buttons.
In PVE again mobs reposition as soon as you move.

This is a bad change and pretty much you and 1 other guy think it is a good idea.

Obvious troll? or Fool?

Not sure which one
really....?

Ok, running backwards is about 50%-75% of forward pace, hardly impossible to get away from enemies.

In pvp, who's to say you HAVE to run backwards or forwards, there are more ways to go about it too. Left and right while holding right click will cause you to strafe, then it's only a quarter turn to your enemies, not nearly as bad as the full 180 degrees.

and in PvE... mobs dont reposition IMMEDIATELY after you move, they don't teleport or walk through each other, thus the mobs that reach you fastest, are the ones directly in front of you and those to your sides/behind you take a little longer, just long enough to activate a KB on them and knock them all away from you (you can check yourself right now, if you run backwards and use your KB, most mobs will get pushed in front of you, you get the occasional 1 or 2 that gets hit sideways.

And i never said i think this is a good idea, it's a nerf. A nerf that isn't necessarily something i like, but it's not game breaking. It does change the gameplay for the cons/inqs, however, which may be in the direction devs want it to go. It just means you have to slightly change the style of play that you got used to