View Single Post

Rassuro
09.05.2012 , 01:23 AM | #354
Overall I like the changes. Some notes though (all from a PvP perspective):

I really like that the in my opinion three weakest DPS classes in the game (Operative, Sorcerer, Mercenary) are three of the classes you focused on, and in my opinion all of them got a slight buff overall, however I feel like like it will still not be enough, in particular since the few overpowered specs remain completely unchanged.
For now I remain hopeful that your plan is to first see how these changes play out, then do some adjustments to the overpowered specs.

I don't think that it's a coincidence that the three weakest DPS classes in the game are all three classes who also can spec into being healers, so to me it seems as though you are putting far too much weight on their healing capabilities when they are in DPS spec. The current healing abilities just are not that useful when in combat because they take too long to cast, can too easily be interrupted, and the somewhat low amount they heal for make the time and risk most often not worth taking.

With this in mind, I was really happy to see the change to Tracer Lock. I feel like significantly reducing the cast time on Healing Scan will actually turn it into a usable ability. Hopefully this will be something you keep doing going forward, also to the other two classes.

The changes to the Sneak ability seem great. It's versatile, cooldown is not too long, it's not without it's weaknesses (ranged classes can still take control), and in the talent tree it's exactly where I wanted it, deep enough in the Concealment for it to be out of reach for healers. This sounds like almost exactly what I wanted!
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse