View Single Post

Temeluchus
08.29.2012 , 02:08 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
2 things

In all the work force restructuring the writers seem to have been hit hard, the guy that used to be head writer for the republic is now head of all writing. That is just one known example of how the writing team has changed

At gamescon there was that interview with the guy saying the main drive for now is OPs, flashpoints and warzones

I hope I'm wrong. But think of it this way. New people have been put in charge to change the fortune of this game, there is a good chance the direction of the game is also changed. The first DEV team tried to put the RPG into MMORPG, now there gone. It makes sense the new team are here to take the game back in a more conventional direction

The game is not a charity it has to be profitable. All the changes made are surely to do with money. And one really big expense is story
Lot of supposition and conjecture going on in here. I'd suggest you start with listening to Torwars recent interview with Hall Hood, the new lead writer. He talks about the game overall and then talks about story lines and the possible future of the story and what we could expect in the Spoiler section of the interview.

As far as I am aware, he was the lead writer for the JK and Smuggler before being promoted to lead, but he could of been kicked up to lead Republic writer somewhere in between or I just didn't pay enough attention to all his writing credits.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.