View Single Post

08.25.2012 , 07:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AbelMorvant View Post
This is a hard question for me, because although I think Lucas is a terrible director I don't see a film maker that would be able to make it consistent in feel with the original. I thought Nolan, because honestly, I'm a huge Nolan fan boy - Not just because his Dark Knight movies but I just haven't seen a bad movie by him yet, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige, etc. were all very good movies in my opinion. I just don't think Nolan's style fits very well with star wars, I could see him doing a Star Trek movie but not Star Wars.

I think if I had to lean with anybody it would be Joss Whedon.

So who would be your guys pick? It doesn't matter if you're thinking remake, sequel or prequel, just simply which writer, director, etc. do you think would be best to take the torch from Lucas?
I think that the next Star Wars film should be written AND directed by Quentin Tarantino. Absolutely. Samuel Jackson could reprise his role and be reinvented as Mace Windu....and lay some mushroom clouds while he's at it. Harvey Keitel as a Jedi? Michael Keaton as the new Sith threat?
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu