View Single Post

Klannad
08.23.2012 , 06:23 PM | #9
CHAPTER FOUR: ESCAPE AND BURN

Anakin cracked his eyes open, stopping his meditation to see if Obi-wan had broken free of his nightmares.

Obi-wan sat with his hands in his head.

Well, it's better than nothing. Anakin thought to himself as he leaned backwards and jumped up to a standing position.

"Master?" Anakin called tentatively, looking at Obi-wan with cautious worry. His Master didn't move for a what seemed like hours, until finally he rose his head from his hands and smiled weakly and Anakin.

"I went out again?" Obi-wan asked.

"Yeah, you kinda did." Anakin shrugged with a smile.

"You..you were born a few years after the war..." Obi-wan said trailing off. Anakin walked towards his master, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Master...what happened? what happened to you?" Anakin asked.

Obi-wan simply shook his head.

"I can't tell you Anakin. Not yet." He said grimly.

"You don't trust me."

"No- Anakin-" Obi-wan began before he was cut off again by his apprentice.

"I know the whole dynamic thing between Masters and their students.. and I know I should show you respect. But there can't be any secrets between us. You don't have to carry whatever you're dealing with alone, Master." Anakin
stated confidently.

"You're like a father and a brother to me all rolled up in one. You're my family, Kenobi. You are the only thing I have." Anakin said. He smiled brightly down at his Master.

"Thank you Anakin.. but I can't..I can't just-" Before Obi-wan could finish speaking, loud clicks came from the door that separated them from the ship.

"Did they just...lock us in here?!" Anakin said with disbelief. Obi-wan went over to try the door.

"They did indeed." He said with a grimace.

"Those..two timing...skarking... sith's blood! they're actually going to kill us!" Anakin exclaimed.

Obi-wan was now more worried about Anakin than the current situation.

"Anakin! calm down. The last thing we want to do is lose our heads." Obi-wan smiled.

We also don't want another anger induced force storm.. Obi-wan thought. He remembered when he first landed on Tatooine with Qui-gon, and then finding Anakin...

Qui-gon.

No. No time for that now.

"Well, we're going to look at the situation we're in, and find out the best and most peaceful way out of it." Obi-wan said, and smiled as Anakin nodded in agreement.

Then the green smoke started pouring in the room.

Poison.

"Kenobi..." Anakin hissed as he ignited his lightsaber.

"Relax" Obi-wan said, brandishing his own weapon.

Don't breath the air Obi-wan commanded Anakin, his voice reaching Anakin's mind.

The last image of Anakin that Obi-wan saw before the smoke overtook them was his face. He had his thumb on his forehead and rolled his eyes.

It meant Anakin obviously knew not to breath the air.

If we get out of this alive.. Obi-wan thought to himself,

I'm going to strangle that kid.

(PART TWO COMING EARLY TOMORROW, AHAHA...SORRY. I HAVE DUTIES TO ATTEND TO (grad party)