View Single Post

Raora
08.21.2012 , 11:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
I do this all the time, though not on purpose. On my server, for instance, I like to sell Desh at 50 creds each in stacks of five, which is at 250c. But lots of people on my server seem to think Desh is worth prices like 200c each, and try to sell them in stacks of three. So, while leveling a toon with strictly Gathering Crew Skills, I'll pick up somewhere between 200-300 pieces of something like Bronzium and sell stacks of five for 500c, when everyone else is trying to sell stacks of three for 1500c. Best part is, I have two Gathering toons doing the same thing, so I can list double the amount what SWTOR limits to one character and make craptons of money. I take pleasure in filling in pages and pages of material, I like to imagine I'm Mr. Burns or Scrooge McDuck . Sorry.

Personally, I have no idea who the hell is buying my stuff anyway, considering the people that actually need it can pick it up off the ground for free. Maybe it's the guys trying to gouge people. Scavenging and Arch materials are my biggest sellers, followed closely by Underworld Trading.
Have you tried to do the math? Putting stacks of 5 for 250c each. That is 50 listings at 250c equals 12,500cr. That's 12,500cr!!!! Just search the GTN for Electrum, for example, on average it sells for 800-1200cr per unit but there is always at times some listed for under 500cr. Buy up all those and re list stacks of 20-28 for lets say 900cr per unit. That is 14k profit on average per listing. Multiply this by 50 and you make a minimum of 700k profit. This is just one material I'm speakign of.