[PIX] Idea for social outfits

Ixum

Some of our companions have really cool looking unique outfits/customization outfits.

It would be awesome if we the players could "borrow" their wardrobe in the form of new social gear sets.

I made an edit of one of Khem's customizations

› Edited onto a male player character

› Edited onto a female player character

Thoughts?

Additions:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4920274&postcount=418

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4920024&postcount=416

Edited by Ixum

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but the idea is great. It would be nice to have more NPC armours available to players, particularly those who want to play as Imperial or Republic troopers/generic military, but don't have the collector's edition.

The vendors for those could be put into the VIP section of the Fleet cantina, so people can still feel special, but the spot itself will stop being so wonderfully useless.

I'm a big fan of Mako's padded pants/shirt. It's that cool red, white, and black set you get around lvl 10. Haven't seen anything else like it in game...

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/3128.jpg

(edit: Actually the model of the Taris Social Set is kinda like this, but I still like the Mako version better.)

Also Kaliyo's Street set.

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/2452.jpg

And Corso's Hunter set. I like it, even though it's a little bland and looks more like something a Belgian Soccer player would wear.

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/swtor_2011-12-27_Riggs_Customized_01.jpg

And saaaay, what if players could wear some of Bowdaar's sets? With some extra coverage in certain areas, of course... :o

LIke this one: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7667.jpg

Would love to have access to them at some point. Would save BW art manpower too, since the sets are already made!

Edited by Stenrik

BioWare has tons of great gear art, the problem is most of it is not moddable. I'd love to be able to get moddable versions of companion sets, and I would also like to see companions being able to wear moddable gear that has class restrictions on it, no reason Jaesa shouldn't be able to wear Inquisitor only armor since she is based off that class. I'd also love for more of the Imperial uniforms and Trooper Armor styles to be made available as social gear. I want my Reclamation Service uniform and Hoth Trooper Armor.

I feel that BioWare got too into the Archetypes they based the classes on. Do all Warriors really need to look like Darth Vader with his Life Support Armor? Do all Bounty Hunters need to look like Boba Fett with his well worn armor? I can't be a healthy warrior wearing dark robes or a OCD Bounty Hunter who keeps his armor in pristine condition?

BioWare has tons of great gear art, the problem is most of it is not moddable. I'd love to be able to get moddable versions of companion sets, and I would also like to see companions being able to wear moddable gear that has class restrictions on it, no reason Jaesa shouldn't be able to wear Inquisitor only armor since she is based off that class. I'd also love for more of the Imperial uniforms and Trooper Armor styles to be made available as social gear. I want my Reclamation Service uniform and Hoth Trooper Armor.

I feel that BioWare got too into the Archetypes they based the classes on. Do all Warriors really need to look like Darth Vader with his Life Support Armor? Do all Bounty Hunters need to look like Boba Fett with his well worn armor? I can't be a healthy warrior wearing dark robes or a OCD Bounty Hunter who keeps his armor in pristine condition?

QFT, and... pants for consulars/inquisitors!

Also, I dunno if I'm the only one, but I saved all the awesome-looking low level green gear I got from quests. Why? Because maybe someday if they implement an "appearance slot" I'll be able to use them. And would feel sorry for all the people who vendored those awesome greens because they had no immediate use for them.

(sorry I got a little off topic, OP).

Edited by Stenrik

QFT, and... pants for consulars/inquisitors!

Also, I dunno if I'm the only one, but I saved all the awesome-looking low level green gear I got from quests. Why? Because maybe someday if they implement an "appearance slot" I'll be able to use them. And would feel sorry for all the people who vendored those awesome greens because they had no immediate use for them.

(sorry I got a little off topic, OP).

I agree on all points.

IMO some of the low-level stuff is the best looking gear in the game. I forget the name, but there's like a level 3 blue robe that drops on Korriban. It's red, orange, and yellow and I think it looks great, especially on female characters. Along those same lines, I've seen a medium vest on ORD Mantell that's blue, black and white that's really awesome looking. Both of which look better than any of that over designed endgame garbage.

And the companion sets are a no brainer. I've seen most of them and there isn't a single one I don't like. It especially beats having Corso or Qyzen run around in Havoc gear. :rolleyes:

Maybe players can get access to a "companion set vendor", accessible only when they've maxed out that companion's affection/conversations. Or get some item you can apply to the companion gear at a modification table, in order to make it into a wearable orange.

Maybe players can get access to a "companion set vendor", accessible only when they've maxed out that companion's affection/conversations. Or get some item you can apply to the companion gear at a modification table, in order to make it into a wearable orange.

I like that idea. It would give a reason to max out everyone's affections besides faster crewskills. Please BW, give me a good reason why I just got C2-N2's affection to 10k. Besides the fact that I'm crazy, I knew that already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...