View Single Post

Kitru
08.19.2012 , 10:12 PM | #2
I have no idea what those people on the fleet meant by it, but the only logical interpretation I could come up with is that, beyond the listed thresholds, the amounts do nothing. This simply isn't true. If you have a higher than 50% shield chance or higher than 50% absorb rating, you will shield that often (assuming you're appropriately counting the melee/ranged attacks that you can actually shield rather than paying attention to all attacks and basing values off of those) and absorb for the given amounts on those attacks you shield.

This, of course, assumes that the people you're talking to knew what they were talking about. It's quite possible they misconstrued the diminishing returns softcaps as maximum values for the attribute rather than contributing values from each individual rating, which seems just as likely.

Assuming they knew what they were talking about and that they believed they were telling the truth, the only possible explanation I can come up with is that they believed that there was negligible effective value to stacking abs or shield above the 50% threshold. The only possible explanation I can see for this is that the people saying such believe in stacking Endurance rather than mitigation and see the 50% mark as the point wherein you should get your mitigation stats before dumping everything else into Endurance (the logic behind this is sound in certain lights but no more valid than the mitigation stacking arguments).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.