View Single Post

asbalana
08.19.2012 , 10:18 AM | #23
I have mentioned this berfore and it may be a recent blip, but over the last few days I have been hit with what I feel is a (probably just me) string of nasty undercuts. By nasty I mean listing at one credit below my price (which I can live with to a degree) but then putting up a page or two of items at 1 credit below mine. That generally guarentees that none of my listings or any above me will sell. As an aside, I usually list four or five (at most) groups of similar items at a time at what I think is a fair price. That leaves room for everyone to particpate in the GTN and make some money.

I usually react badly to this practice (just me). My response was simple because I am lucky in that I have more credits than my wife and I could ever spend, can craft about anything that we may need, and have 16 cargo holds full of mats that actually have run out of room (as well as brimming bags with little to no space left). So I came back and undercut the undercutters (all three on different items) by one credit and then listed two pages of sales before theirs. I monitor the items and as mine sell add to the listings one credit below the undercutters. I feel badly about the people who had listed at or a little above my original listings, but the undercutter guarenteed that they would never sell anything in any case.

So one of my main annoyancees are those preditory players who screw ohers by their listing practices.