View Single Post

KallahKrafted
08.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!
Oddly, I've run into the opposite problem on my server (BC). I'll list a stack of something for 3,000 credits, come back the next morning and see that three other people have listed the same size stack of the same item ... for 3,000 credits. At this point I feel uncomfortable lowering my price, since they were polite enough to not undercut me overnight. In every other MMO the market was like you mentioned: ruthless undercutting by some token amount (one copper piece, etc) until the price slowly lowers a substantial amount, at which point everyone selling loses considerable amounts of money on bulk sales. Is my server just unusually cooperative on the GTN, or is not bottoming out the price of goods a common thing here in SWTOR? Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.
Oh dear, I'm guess I'm one of those people. Selling smaller stacks of Crew materials make sense in the lower level markets (I'm a shiny new character, so I can't exactly gather top-notch goods). When I first looked at the GTN for some Biotech supplies, I found that I could easily afford a few units of the stuff (about 25c/each), but all the stacks were near 99 units - way out of what a starting player could afford at once. Once I made it past tier 1 supplies I started selling off the extras, in stacks of 1, 5, 10, and 25. My stacks of 10 and 25 have rarely sold, and usually just get re-listed one at a time. I can see how 50 stacks of 1 unit each could be annoying to search through, but there's always going to be a market for people who are "just one short" of whatever they need. Why not scoop up those sales, rather than leaving them high and dry - and missing out on the money?

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!
Probably the same upstanding, flawless citizens who park their stupid stinkin' speeders on top the of mailbox. Grrrr. I couldn't agree with you more on this point!