View Single Post

Xerain
08.13.2012 , 09:29 AM | #8
Ok i'm going to reply to each one of your idea's here in Cyan

Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Preface:
I'm creating this as a discussion of the topics below, as well as thoughts and ideas the rest of the community has. Just take the time to consider the impact it would have.

1) Change ranked warzones from 8-person queue to solo only queue. This will solve a number of issues that currently plague our PvP.

How about no? Why would you bother suggesting to remove 8 man queue's? Why not just ask for a solo queue also?

A) By allowing this, this will tier everyone naturally to their skill in the game as well as gear progression. Only geared and skilled people will get higher ranking. The more higher ranking people on your team, the better everyone does.

No it will be a frustrating pug crap storm like normal pvp is. There's a reason people like competitive pvp is because when everyones in equal gear it becomes a skill factor sir.

B) By grouping people in ranked warzones according to their rating, this will put more noobs vs. noobs and more geared vs. geared. The more people queue, the closer to their natural rating it will become, and the more enjoyable experience by everyone.

We should probably have this as it is anyways... need cross servers though for the population to support it though i think.

C) Because this is a solo-only queue, there are lower chances of a coordinated team being together. Thus giving a random unpredictable aspect to the game. By overcoming adversity do people truly have fun, and what better way than creating a natural randomness on group make-up instead of the now randomness of amount of noobs on team.

You do realize this is a team play objective based pvp system right? It should be whoever coordinates better does better.

D) By having solo only queue, it will generate more interest in ranked warzones, and will be easier for everyone to gear up their characters to participate in server-ranking system of warzones (what current ranked warzones are now) Right now on my server there is 1 guild that absolutely dominates and has the perfect group make up and has been playing with each other in RWZ's since release.

You mean by having solo only queue it will drive away any real competition between guilds or groups of players...

What happens is they'll queue up and then everyone will stop queueing because they hate facing them, and thus either keep tanking your rating for sake of comms, or what usually happens stop queueing ranked, thus clearing the queue of ranked warzones. In solo queue, the only way to level up in that is by embracing the different nature of it and how well you can work with anyone other than guildmates only.

Well maybe you should put in the dedication or learn to queue dodge them huh? Get the team comp and learn to play with one another.

I know lets introduce solo queue only arenas! You just get randomly paired with people for 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5.

2) BRING BACK THE BAG SYSTEM!!
For all the people that were whining and complaining about this system, you guys had it right all along. This by far is way better than what you currently have. In 1.1.5 you started down the right path by having a way to trade up for BM comms.

No, just no. JUST NO. Worst system to get gear ever for any MMO.

Instead of scrapping it for the current system what should've happened was just a way to upgrade comms to the desireable ones. Such as 100 champ comms = 1 BM comm 3 BM comms = 1 WH Comm. By having the same currency for gear and consumeables just increases the amount of time to gear up. I don't know why you caved in to the fanbois. But I think you should embrace your roots and go back to the bag system, except with a system in place to where you can still obtain upgrade via warzone comms.

System is fine the way it is now. Please think before posting.

Getting a comm in a bag was an AWESOME bonus, but wasn't required (in the golden patch that was 1.1.5). If you went back to this system all the tards that now are gearing up alts would discover how much easier this was to gear up with. (Not to mention it gave PvP'ers enough credits to actually mod their gear

No it wasn't an awesome bonus it was a stupid struggle to where you had fully geared out with the gear to sit there frustrated needing the random comm to get the upgrade.

3) Allow for specific warzone queueing in regular warzones.

Please bioware?! PLEASE

A) Allows players to concentrate on warzones they want to work on.
B) Allows players to play only warzones that appeal to them.
i) Create like group-finder queue and allow people to select only the ones that they actually want to play. With added incentives if they have all selected.
ii) Gives players the option to not queue for warzones they despise (like voidstar)
Edited to be easier to read/quote.

4) Add another pvp daily that perhaps changes day-to-day such as:
A) Cap a turret 5 times.

TOTES all we need is more people to stop attacking or not using their CC to cap the turret.

B) Carry and pass a hutball 5 times, or score 2 goals in huttball.

Oh woo more ball hogs in normal pvp.

C) Accumulate 10,000 attacker points or 10,000 defender points in a single warzone.
D) Earn 40 pvp medals in a week.
E) Gain 20,000 valor in a day.

Much better pvp dailies and weeklys can be made up then this... like ones that require OW pvp.

5) IMPLEMENT VENDORS BACK INTO WARZONES!
A) Now with the new legacy repair droid people are not going to worry about queueing up in wz's just to repair. It's time to put those guys back in.

No not everyone has access to this.

B) Allows people that are capped on comms to quickly buy something off.

It's your own fault if you're capped... should probably pay attention.

C) Allows people to purchase medpacks/adrenals if they forgot to before the queue.

It's your own fault if you don't have these you should probably pay attention

6) Create a joint PvP area. Stock it with mission terminal giving PvP dailies/weeklies, and every class vendor.
A) Allow duels in this area. Gives the PvP'ers a place away from fleet to duel and conduct their daily pvp'ing as well as build comraderie on the server.
B) Maybe make it a hub for PvP on the new planet to create a healthy world PvP environment. Make it Hutt controlled or something. Whatever you need to make it a neutral sanctuary.
C) Also stock it with respec person so we wouldn't have to go back to fleet.

Ilum? Like more to do here?

More open world pvp would be nice.

Well I'll continue to edit/add as I get more ideas.
:|