View Single Post

DPCummerbund
08.12.2012 , 01:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Umm...you know the first two words to the title of this game should be enough to attract casual gamers..."Star Wars".
My bud doesn't know any of the extended universe story or lore, but none the less he is enjoying himself greatly.
Hasn't even jumped on his PS3 in almost a week now...that says a lot.
And the CE get's you more than the statue....jeez picky people.

I'm not saying the game isn't enjoyable as it is, or that the story for this era isn't allowed to be better than the original trilogy. I'm just saying that for the casual gamer and casual Star Wars fan, the more closely it sticks to the original trilogy, the better.

And I'm not saying that there aren't any cool Star Wars elements. I think the Jedi & Sith powers are very well done. And my BH feels very much like I would expect a BH to be.

And there definitely are some good "trilogy" companions, like Jawas and Wookies. I think it would have been better to get them before other non-trilogy companions.

For example, I've lost count of the number of bugs & monsters I've slain. Whether it's rakghouls on Taris or Killiks on Alderaan, i've killed a lot of bugs. But I think I've only fought a handful of rancors, and no AT-ATs or AT-STs.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist