View Single Post

Craxim
08.10.2012 , 07:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Vortex View Post
For me personally, and to some extent my guild, this entire situation has just destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for this game. I'm sick and tired of the lackluster endgame content, with mechanics generally being easily bypassed even on hard mode, the glacial pace of content production and the actual amount of content that is released once something of substance does come out (4 bosses... still can't believe they did this for an entire tier) and we're expected to believe that they're going to shove out even more content with a massively reduced development team. I loved this game and to some extent still do, but I'm slowly seeing my guild dissolve out of pure boredom with the current content, all 20 of us are full campaign or near enough and we've been running Denova for 3 nights a week for the past 4, closing on 5 months. This week for example out of our 20 raiders, 5 turned up.... 5! and the general attitude of those that did was "Do we have to?". Its a sorry state of affairs when a raiding guild doesn't actually want to raid any more.

Lets say for a minute that they actually announce 1.4 at gamescom next week, the content most likely won't hit the PTS until sometime in September following the various previews and hype building that they usually do with these patches. If indeed it does contain the new operation it will be on the PTS for at least a month, if not more like 1.2 was meaning that it will most likely be released sometime in October. There's also the possibility that they'll release it with little to no PTS testing resulting in the content being completely broken. I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. By that time we'll have been stuck with 4 bosses for 6 months with a damned free to play conversion on the horizon a month or so later. Then what if its just NM Denova? or if Terror is stupidly small like Denova before it, we'll just be repeating this whole process over again only with free to play to look forward to, but don't worry, we'll have new hats to keep ourselves occupied with!

I'd like to say I'll stick around for that long but I'm not going to kid myself any more.... I think I may end up re subbing to Rift. Say what you like about that game but at least it has an endgame with more than 4 bosses at a time.
We all know this is the state of the game, and you raise valid concerns, but this isn't a "trash HM Denova" thread. If you want to talk about that, I'm pretty sure there are a few other active threads talking about it. The point of this thread is to try to consolidate people's desire to see a release date or some sort of talk about NiM Denova. You can complain about the state of the content, sure, but at the launch of 1.2, the content was fine. HM Denova is a great level of difficulty, slightly harder than Normal mode on WoW, and really does require good execution as a whole, especially in 16 man. If NiM is the "Nightmare" it is supposed to be, it would be comparable with the Heroic raids of WoW. 4 bosses isn't a lot, yes, but we don't know and can't expect every raid ever in the future to be only 4 bosses. 1.4 might not be until September/October, but I personally am happy to work through NiM progression on a more challenging and less forgiving version of Denova while I wait for 1.4, if they would just give it to us. The development team isn't "massively reduced" and if you did some research you would understand that. This will be the only post I make regarding the state of HM Denova or the game, as I really don't want to turn this thread into a hatestorm of complaints about the lack of content, I want it to be about people showing their opinions on NiM Denova and its release date.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin