View Single Post

08.08.2012 , 01:56 PM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by exsnowboarder View Post
I dont understand why there is a great deal of negative comments, yeah i understand the free the play might not be the best idea as it has done some damage to previous MMO's, but in all fairness this game is slowly dieing, each day less and less people are online and its a shame. the game has a brilliant storyline and endless amount of entertainment. im all for the F2P at least we'll get some more people into the game. as long as F2P allows whispers and flashpoints, and grouping im happy.
the problem is that F2P is not a solution that actually benefits gamers in the long run. it benefits shareholders and focus groups.

All of the links people keep posting in defense of F2P all say the same thing: F2P means more revenue for EA.

I have seen nothing, NOTHING, that supports an overall increase in game play experience for gamers outside of more readily available vanity options and P2W items. (yes, I am aware that we do no know yet what the Cartel store has to offer, thusly we can only make our projections based upon previous experience and other MMOs that have gone F2P).

Subscribers were dropping and saying "didn't want to pay the monthly fee" because they did not feel that they were receiving their monies worth any more, not because they wanted the game to go F2P. However, thanks to marketing "geniuses," "analysts," and "professionals," former subscriber complaints translated into "LETS GO F2P!!!"

,,, bollucks.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P