View Single Post

DrewFromPhilly
08.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
I gotta say the character progression videos can be misleading for many of the classes. Like, the JK one shows the gaurdian wearing what looks like trooper armor underneath a robe and when I leveled my gaurdian to 50 I never had anything like that equipped. Not saying it doesn't exist because other players might know more than myself, I'm just saying it wasn't a common type of armor. Also it shows him wearing armor with a cape and no hood but you might be disssapointed on that front as well. Many Jedi robes will force you to have a hood or.....an obscenely large ***. Seriously. Also, they changed the hood models in 1.2 and receded them a bit to show more of you characters faces during dialogue conversations but it also ended up showing that the characters hair is removed under the hood - so they have enormous foreheads and no hair. Also, IMO the level 50 gear for Jedi knights is some of the worst looking gear in the game. Check out the vendors on the fleet, when you see the Viking helmets...that's what you have to look forward to. Honestly, when I saw the armors I would be grinding towards at lvl 50 i shelved my knight and haven't played it since lol

Never played SW past lvl 20 but their armor is better looking IMO. In general, imperial classes have the better looking armor. And, I think sith warrior level 50 armor looks straight up ******. From what I hear, the SW stories is one of the best in the game. I will say that I've enjoyed the stories with my imp toons far more than with the pub toons

If you were basing your desicion on armor appearance I'd say go SW, and don't put top much faith in those armor progression videos because many are outdated and dont seem to reflect what's actually in the game.