View Single Post

Lycaena
12.19.2011 , 10:59 AM | #8
Drawing all of the aggro and holding all the mobs on you is the essence of tanking. As belialle mentioned, so long as you minded crowd control (if any was used) and use the cool downs you have you’re doing things correctly. If you did that then, if anything, I'd say nice job tanking.

That said, with a bunch of elites on you, you really need a healer. I'd be curious as to what your three dps were playing. Playing a dps-spec'd sorcerer, I've found I can heal most heroic missions. Having a main-spec healer or another dps-spec heals-capable person certainly makes life easier (and allows for me to dps...heck with two dps-spec players watching our tank we can generally dps non-stop and throw necessary heals on an as-needed basis), but even without another person along, healing is totally doable in a dps spec while leveling. At least for sorcerers, we get the greater number of the same heals as healing specialized players and they’re quite strong. If you were minding cc and cool downs, and any of your three dps were able to heal and weren't using that utility of their class because they're not specialized for it, then it's sort of their fault you were dying.

One thing I've found while leveling up is if I ask the group if anyone prefers to heal then occasionally someone comes forward (and if not I have no problem playing the role). In the future it might be worth asking your dps "I know you're all dps, but are any of you capable of healing?"