View Single Post

DPCummerbund
07.30.2012 , 12:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
Music is a powerful tool in holding interest. I'm surprised the only time you hear "combat music" is when you attack certain mobs. Makes everything else a bit boring.
I maintain that the music in this game runs precisely the OPPOSITE of how it should.

In a movie, the music ramps up during fight scenes to keep it exciting. Music is lower during slower scenes. It makes movies more exciting that way.

BW made the music in this game the same way, but video games should be the opposite of that. Sure, a little music at the beginning of a fight is okay, but during the fight I'm trying to concentrate and focus on a lot of things, and loud music is just distracting.

During slower times (on speeders, in towns, etc.) I wouldn't mind listening to music. It should be louder then. Instead, we get nothing.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist