View Single Post

Berin-Tath
07.28.2012 , 09:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookiebreeder View Post
It's really interesting reading this. I have been discouraged lately with the way some people are acting when I use group finder. I am brand new to MMO. This is my first one and I have a level 42 DPS character. Sometimes I play and no one complains and we all get along fine. Lately though, I have had a few instances where I get voted out of the group. They don't complain before hand, and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Is this normal from time to time? How do people expect newbies to learn? I had no idea what a tank was, or what DPS meant a month ago, and I love the game, but a lot a players seem to be wound so tight it takes some fun out of it.
See, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Is there anything we can do about it, or do we just have to accept the fact that some people like to be randomly mean, especially to newbs?

I just wish there was a clear tip off so you could recognize the tight-wound-know-it-alls and the can't-play-but-talk-like-they-cans before you group with them. When I join groups, I admit that I don't usually know what I'm doing. It's just to bad that people don't do the same.

I know I have to accept these people as a fact of life, so I'm not complaining about them. I was just trying to figure out if the long time players knew how to get wise to the bad people before they actually do something.