View Single Post

bright_ephemera
07.20.2012 , 09:52 AM | #44
And they just keep coming.

On TUESDAYS, FCD is staffed by LORD SCOURGE and KHEM VAL.

KHEM VAL: Children. It is time for lunch. Today we dine on grilled cheese.
BABY KALIYO: I don't like grilled cheese.
LORD SCOURGE, stepping out of the kitchen and folding his arms over his chest: You are provided with food at all only by the grace of the Sith. Be grateful.
BABY JORGAN: Mister Teeseven says Forced Companions is neutral territory.
LORD SCOURGE: I don't see Mister Teeseven here. Everything you have, you gain from my hand, and everything you have, I can take away.
KHEM VAL: Listen to the Sith. If I had my way you would fight to the death for a single sandwich, as in the cafeterias of Yn and Chabosh.
LORD SCOURGE: We're not that hard up for white bread, Khem.
KHEM VAL: I can dream.
BABY JORGAN: I don't suppose there's any red meat involved in the making of these grilled cheese sandwiches?
LORD SCOURGE: I enjoyed some juicy, succulent steak while making it, if that counts. There's none left for you.
BABY JORGAN, whiskers quivering: Your kind needs to be wiped off the face of this galaxy.
LORD SCOURGE: Enjoy your hatred, little tiger. I sure do.
YOUNG BOWDAAR brings out a big tray and starts laying out sandwiches on the playroom tables.
YOUNG BOWDAAR: I AM A SLAVE.
BABY GUSS, hiding under the corner table as he does on every day KHEM VAL is present: Hey, Jorgan. Could you bring me my sandwich? I would reach up to the table, but Khem Val might see me.
BABY JORGAN: Oh, grow a pair, Guss.
BABY GUSS: I have no idea what that means. Oh, hey, Bowdaar! You're sometimes not mean! Can you bring me my sandwich?
YOUNG BOWDAAR: I will do this, since I AM A SLAVE.
BABY KALIYO sticks out a toy hockey stick and trips YOUNG BOWDAAR on his way by. She scampers over to intercept the sandwich he had been carrying.
BABY KALIYO: Gee, this poor sandwich is wandering out all by itself! I better give it a good home.
BABY KALIYO makes eye contact with BABY GUSS and devours the sandwich.
BABY JORGAN: I thought you didn't like grilled cheese.
BABY KALIYO: I dunno, it actually tastes pretty good when it's smothered in spite.
LORD SCOURGE: Well said, Kaliyo, and well done. Would you like a helping of delicious steak? I have some left over. LORD SCOURGE gestures to the kitchen. Help yourself.
BABY JORGAN, to LORD SCOURGE: I WILL KILL YOU.
LORD SCOURGE covers the distance to BABY JORGAN in two steps. He kneels and puts his face close to the Cathar's.
LORD SCOURGE, snarling: What are the rules about death threats, Jorgan?
BABY JORGAN: Hmph. Only the daycare staff can make them, sir.
LORD SCOURGE: That's right. Apologize.
BABY JORGAN: I'm sorry I want to kill you so much, sir. Also...BABY JORGAN's whiskers twitch...there's still red meat on your breath.
LORD SCOURGE: I am aware.
LORD SCOURGE reaches out to grab a sandwich from the nearest table. He presents it to BABY JORGAN and smiles.
LORD SCOURGE: Grilled cheese?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.