Read this. Not sure if troll...

DarthWoad

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/17/swtor-executive-producer-leaves-bioware-new-layoffs-rumored/

And for all you silly people out there, I did not write this. I am simply copy and pasting what was said.

"auto34058432

I know many won't believe me. but, I work at Bioware. best part for me is coming here to read fans replies. I won't tell you much and I don't care if you believe me. So here is "what's" going on were I work.

If you havent noticed the interviews we had given sometime back had been removed. mainly, the interviews that gave it "away" that we are looking at adding F2P model. we are indeed adding free to play to the game. now the best part for me is anonymity I have that allows me to be open.

We will have mainly have a "fluff" shop for the new direction with F2P. but much of the legacy system will have the option to purchase those "perk's" (the main reason credit cost are high to slow progression until we patch F2P) as well many parts of the game will have new content that requires you purchase are type of "coinage" from the cash shop so you can buy the access to "special" content/quest. now new companions will also be in the shop. but due to us getting down sized and the staff changes a small team is working on these F2P changes.

I don't want anyone to be upset by this. but many of these changes had been in the "planning stages" for many months since the sharp drop in subscribers. many parts of the game will cost money to access. for example you can unlock the new "cathar" race in your legacy. but buying the unlock, it will cost 10$ US

So we are all pretty upset here. we know Daniel and Jimmy many more are next round of layoffs. EA blames us and to some extent they're right to. but it was fan feedback from the day we opened the forums that encouraged us to design it for the fans the way it is and that included making it more like Kotor then an MMO like Wow. Also from what I have heard in the halls, Starwars Galaxies was shut down due to the fact are talks with LA,EA suits ecouraged the new guy at LA to increase the licensing fee at renewal time. it was a move to remove any direct competiton to TOR.

Sorry guys gotta go but be good to each other."

Edited by DarthWoad

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just asking out of curiosity, what will currently paying members get when this game goes F2P?

Would they get a nice title? Would we get free access to all future content?

I read somewhere that the new race would cost $10 or something to unlock.

NO you didn't STOP MAKING STUFF UP

You will get a title called "founder," access to the VIP area in the fleet and access to all the premium vendors in that area

Wrong! the Founder title only went to those that had accounts from launch till April I have the Founder title already and I have been playing since launch. I also already have access to the Premium vendors and VIP area of the Fleet

your source is a comment made by a forum member named abyssal.shaman. You can't be serious.

BTW your reply there "it might not be true but its a rumor" says everything I need to know about what kind of person you are.

What will subscribing players get when this game goes F2P?

Most likely nothing whatsoever

Only one in 1 million players would buy a new humanoid race, infact if Cathar cost $10 i will quit swtor, simple as that, and im sure im not the only one.

Edited by Daethorz

Wrong! the Founder title only went to those that had accounts from launch till April I have the Founder title already and I have been playing since launch. I also already have access to the Premium vendors and VIP area of the Fleet

It will be a premium title, In silver and it will flash.... "Founder", and the vip area will have access to a gold plated speeder that will cost 1 billion credits.

I think the other vendor will have a "Nightwing" potion that can turn you into a kratedragon so you can give your friends a ride

Edited by Ensquire

your source is a comment made by a forum member named abyssal.shaman. You can't be serious.

BTW your reply there "it might not be true but its a rumor" says everything I need to know about what kind of person you are.

2/10

Try again. Do you know what rumor means? Also, read the link again yes? It was posted buy someone named auto34058432 who is either a good troll or is an actual bioware employee

Edited by DarthWoad

2/10

Try again. Do you know what rumor means?

the question is do you? You ask what you will get WHEN the game goes F2P. Not IF

Do you expect a serious answer from Bioware? Do you expect them to come out on your thread and say "You will get a free mount... WOOPS we didn't mean to say that guess you got us we are going F2P"

You then say "I read somewhere they will charge $10 for the cathar race"

A commenter on that post said that. Not anyone invovled with the game or even an industry profesional and you pass it off as if it's a fact or even something that is being seriously considered.

Sorry but you are acting like a troll and not even a good one.

the question is do you? You ask what you will get WHEN the game goes F2P. Not IF

Do you expect a serious answer from Bioware? Do you expect them to come out on your thread and say "You will get a free mount... WOOPS we didn't mean to say that guess you got us we are going F2P"

A commenter on that post said that. Not anyone invovled with the game or even an industry profesional and you pass it off as if it's a fact or even something that is being seriously considered.

I QUOTE FROM THE LINK

"auto34058432

I know many won't believe me. but, I work at Bioware. best part for me is coming here to read fans replies. I won't tell you much and I don't care if you believe me. So here is "what's" going on were I work.

If you havent noticed the interviews we had given sometime back had been removed. mainly, the interviews that gave it "away" that we are looking at adding F2P model. we are indeed adding free to play to the game. now the best part for me is anonymity I have that allows me to be open.

We will have mainly have a "fluff" shop for the new direction with F2P. but much of the legacy system will have the option to purchase those "perk's" (the main reason credit cost are high to slow progression until we patch F2P) as well many parts of the game will have new content that requires you purchase are type of "coinage" from the cash shop so you can buy the access to "special" content/quest. now new companions will also be in the shop. but due to us getting down sized and the staff changes a small team is working on these F2P changes.

I don't want anyone to be upset by this. but many of these changes had been in the "planning stages" for many months since the sharp drop in subscribers. many parts of the game will cost money to access. for example you can unlock the new "cathar" race in your legacy. but buying the unlock, it will cost 10$ US

So we are all pretty upset here. we know Daniel and Jimmy many more are next round of layoffs. EA blames us and to some extent they're right to. but it was fan feedback from the day we opened the forums that encouraged us to design it for the fans the way it is and that included making it more like Kotor then an MMO like Wow. Also from what I have heard in the halls, Starwars Galaxies was shut down due to the fact are talks with LA,EA suits ecouraged the new guy at LA to increase the licensing fee at renewal time. it was a move to remove any direct competiton to TOR.

It will be a premium title, In silver and it will flash.... "Founder", and the vip area will have access to a gold plated speeder that will cost 1 billion credits.

I think the other vendor will have a "Nightwing" potion that can turn you into a kratedragon so you can give your friends a ride

I already have access to VIP and Premium Vendors because I already have the "Founder" Title as to the speeder I can just get a regular one for alot less.

Edited by Kyriosgundam

Prove to me they dont work at bioware. thank you. i never said anything was true. end of. Which is why i said rumor. Please prove these rumors wrong.

Edited by DarthWoad

I QUOTE FROM THE LINK

"auto34058432

ok so let me ask you WHAT IN THAT post by a anonymous commenter made you think he actually works for Bioware?

I'm just asking out of curiosity, what will currently paying members get when this game goes F2P?

your not going to find out till it happens

if they come out with the Free 2 Play, it will hurt current subscriber count, people will unsub and just wait till its rolled out.

but to the people thinking F2P isnt going to happen, have you even looked at the Legacy Store. if not go ahead, and compare it to other F2P Stores, there is a verry striking resemblance. and IMO the whole purpose of the Legacy.

why roll out F2P when its not ready, just Charge every month while you finish completing the game with stuff that wasn't ready @ launch

ok so let me ask you WHAT IN THAT post by a anonymous commenter made you think he actually works for Bioware?

Please quote where I said "someone who I know for sure works at bioware said this..."

Youre digging deeper and deeper

How rediculous. You saw a post of someone claiming to be a BW employee. They arent actualy one.

Your thread is spam.

Prove they arent a bioware employee. I am simply showing what was said. Doesnt mean its true or false

Pay attention to the other AAA MMOs that have a F2P option. It is basically elements of the subscription service divided into different parts for purchase via micro-transaction. These games also offer a normal subscription where you get everything you would normally get.

What do you think you would get as a subscriber? Common sense goes a long way when speculating.

Please quote where I said "someone who I know for sure works at bioware said this..."

Youre digging deeper and deeper

I QUOTE FROM THE LINK

"

that was easy.

You say you read they would charge $10 then you quote the guy who says he is a bioware employee.

Come on you aren't even trying.