View Single Post

alricka
07.18.2012 , 12:14 PM | #9
One of the good things about Star Wars is how diverse it is. You can pick any name or any species, and it will fit perfectly.

In terms of roleplaying and lore, if you're on the side of the Empire as Sith or an Agent, I'd reccomend having a human toon - the Sith Empire in SWTOR is made of speciest bigots who despise aliens. For a Bounty Hunter, though, you could do well with any species since they're not actual subjects of the Empire and they come from all corners of the Galaxy.
If you're Republic, you could have a toon of any gender and/or species and you shouldn't worry wether it fits thematically - the Republic's society is free from any form of segregation (except for financial one).

For a name, as long as it isn't something utterly silly, you have a clean slate. I'm no linguist, so may be wrong, but I don't believe that there is any sensible linguistic naming pattern when it comes to Star Wars. You might have a Norse name, you might have an Asian name, you might have a Latin name... it will fit.