View Single Post

RiseOfDeath
07.16.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
They way I understand it, I'm at the caps for Absorb (50%) and Defense (30%) already based on this forum post for tanking.

I'm waiting until I've bought all the black hole gear to re-augment as the stats balance is definitely going to change, but it might be time to go for HP? I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm if those are truly the caps?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, you're not at the cap for absorb/defense.

Once you look at your rating and it says that you got:
1. +30% defense from JUST RATING
2. +50% absorb from JUST RATING
You'll then be at the cap, it won't go higher than that.

We start out at a base of 17% defense or so, so once you get +30% ADDITIONAL defense (47% defense) you'll be at the cap. You can't currently get that much. Once you do, you'll notice, since if you had that much defense you'd see +30% defense from rating, and it wouldn't go higher no matter how much more points you put into it.

We start out at a base of 24% absorb or so, so once you get +50% ADDITIONAL absorb (74% absorb), you'll be at the cap. You can't currently get that much, yada yada yada. :P

----

Anyway, I swapped out some things, but since I'm not tank spec right now I don't remember the exact percents and ratings of everything.

Now I'm about:
26850 HP
30.5% defense

Other ones are the same:
Shield Chance: 65.38% with dark ward (561 rating)
Absorption: 50.16% (330 rating)
Fanatic - 8 Imperial 50s
Torva Nex