Thread: Class Feedback
View Single Post

LordExozone
07.16.2012 , 12:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Powertech spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

1. I believe it is generally perceived as an asset to the team (be it PvP or PvE). The Pyrotech tree is miss-perceived as being too powerful due to its high burst damage in PvP, but I think people fail to realize that the Pyrotech spec sacrifices a lot of survivability in exchange.

2. The Pyrotech tree performs well but is very fragile. But I'd like the Advanced Prototype tree to be more viable than it currently is especially in PvP so it becomes a worthwhile alternative to the Pyrotech tree: Retractable Blade is a joke doing far too little damage, and Prototype Flamethrower isn't reliable in dynamic PvP environments (and doesn't do enough damage when you finally do manage to hit some people with it.)

Also, Powertechs need to be able to use blaster rifles like Boba Fett. Through a legacy unlock, special limited reward, whatever. Make it so!
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.