Thread: Class Feedback
View Single Post

Aikiyc
07.16.2012 , 12:32 PM | #10
Healer specced Commando. Primarily PvPer.

Take my feedback with a grain of salt. My Commando is only 31, but my experience watching and playing with other very skilled Commando/Mercenary healers gives me enough insight to provide a bit of feedback.

1. How do you think your Commando spec is perceived by other classes?

Equally powerful and weak. Good at keeping self alive, or one friendly target alive (huge burst potential). Very immobile, weak AoE heal, very difficult resource management (with nerf to Supercharge Cells and adding ammo cost to Trauma Probe).

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Fulfilling its niche: burst healing on 1 to 2 targets. Couples very well with a Sage or Scoundrel healer. Resource management and healing kit must be seen as parts of a whole, and with the lens of huge single target healing ability (i.e. it's okay for the target to get below 80%, since your heals are much larger and more powerful).

Positioning and movement is as much a part of our rotations (for both healer and DPS Commando) as any other ability, a fact I think many players overlook when they complain of low healing or damage.
The Teltae Legacy
Sentinels of the Grey - Guardians of the Grey
Amber-may; Amberkin; Amberlence; Kia'ravan'ithes; Mae'kina; Prissy; Ramika; Sirulea; Amber'pinup; Ara'ven; Emaree; Kemiri; Priscla; Veevie