Thread: Class Feedback
View Single Post

Chaconne
07.16.2012 , 11:59 AM | #6
I haven't PvP'ed since back before 1.2 so this is all from a PvE perspective.

1. How do you think your Sentinel spec is perceived by other classes?
Most people I have talked to/heard think that having a sentinel in a group is very useful, two is also nice for rotating Inspiration. They also think we do competitive dps on bosses and also like the speed boost/extra damage reduction we can provide in certain situations.

Some people seem to have this weird idea that only Watchman is good for dps in ops though.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I haven't done anything with Focus because it seems really PvP focused. I like both Watchman and Combat though I tend to prefer combat.

Part of the reason I think people believe Watchman is all around better than Combat is that everything lines up really easily with Watchman and you can get into a really effective rotation pretty easily and do a good job (not saying being a great Watchman Sentinel is easy, just being a good one is easy). For combat I find managing my Focus can be much more of an issue sometimes, also you have to line-up certain skills together correctly in order to get the most benefit from them. So it seems slightly harder to me to be a good combat Sentinel.

When people ask me to describe the two specs I say "watchman is about keeping your dots up on your target and is really good sustained dps, and combat is more about managing your focus and using skills together and is more of a burst spec".