View Single Post

Acento
07.16.2012 , 11:41 AM | #110
Mainly because my guild is not very PvP-centric and doesn't prefer to put groups together. Leaving me with trying to pug a group, and unfortunately there is never much demand for Mercs, regardless of how well geared I am.

Since the patch, I've played in only 12 ranked matched, with a .500 record. I just don't see the incentive to play...I'm already full WH gear, so I don't particularly need to grind ranked comms faster, especially when the rated gear provides nothing more. I don't really care for any of the mounts attainable at certain ranks, and I've never been one for pet collecting either. I'm also satisfied with my current color crystals, and don't do much with crafting.

I'll probably mess around with it more when Solo Queue gets implemented, but in the meantime, there's just too lacking of incentives to go thru the headache of finding and maintaining a group.

In my opinion, I don't think the rating system fits well with objective based PvP like Warzones. I would probably buy into it more with just a straight death match game, but I find it too frustrating to rely on seven other peoples' ability to focus on specific non-killing objectives to garner a better rating...just too many people out there that refuse to channel their focus in the right area.