View Single Post

shadowflit
07.13.2012 , 03:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TobyC View Post
Sorry, but your post reads as if you think I'm saying it's all about competition. I don't want to download a parser and use it besides, wouldn't that constitute use of 3rd party software which is not allowed as part of the terms and conditions? Second, when you have an op boss on like a 6 minute enrage timer it IS about damage. I don't think you can say they gave it to PVP and not PVE definitively simply because pve isn't a competition. Unless you can show me somewhere that devs posted why pve content doesn't report stats in game.
Maybe you don't think it's about competition, but I bet if you start running a parser you will find yourself competing from time to time.

I primarily heal raids, so I only have one person to compete against (8-man). When I'm paired with a non-Sage, it's easy to get top numbers because of Salvation. No competitive attitude involved, it just happens. But when it's two Sages... I won't sacrifice effectiveness, but I definitely notice myself starting to compete from time to time rather than being completely conservative in my healing.

It happens, humans like to compete. On the one hand competition drives us to be better, on the other hand maybe your role in a fight just won't pull numbers as high, and trying to match someone else's will drive unnecessary sacrifices. A scoreboard at the end only increases that likelihood.
Fleur
Night's Radiance
Ajunta Pall Refugee