View Single Post

finelinebob
07.12.2012 , 05:19 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Yrneh View Post
I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to learn artifact quality mods/enhancements/armoring by RE'ing artifact quality items? If not, is it possible to learn artifact quality items without learning the premium by RE'ing prototype items you can buy at the GTN?
I think the short answer is no. There are no item mod schematics that I know of -- maybe someone else can chime in here -- that begin as Prototypes. Therefore, they all follow the simple Premium to Prototype to Artifact path and once they are Artifact quality, there are no further upgrades. Furthermore it's important to remember that as item mods, they follow the Linear progression for RE: you can only get one Prototype from the Premium, and only one Artifact from the Prototype.

... although, on a second read of what you asked, I can't say I know the full answer. Let me rephrase it for everyone else: If you buy someone else's crafted item mod and it is for a skill you know, can you successfully RE a Prototype item for which you do not know the Premium version and get the subsequent Artifact version, without ever having the Base or Tier 1 schematics?

Is that what you were asking?
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet